Last application date: Aug 20, 2021 00:00
Department: EB23 – Department of Marketing, Innovation and Organisation
Contract: Limited duration
Degree: Master Degree in Psychology, Business Economics, Business Administration, Business Engineering, or Communication Sciences.
Occupancy rate: 100%
Vacancy type: Research staff
We offer a fully funded, full time PhD position in a 4-year research project in the area of sustainable consumption (initial 1-year position with 3-year extension upon satisfactory performance). The research project aims (a) to engage in an empirical analysis of the relationship between automatic (price) appraisals and sustainable consumption and (b) to develop novel interventions to promote a sustainable lifestyle. For further information, please contact prof. dr. Adriaan Spruyt.
Salary and benefits are in accordance with the university salary scales for PhD students and highly competitive by international standards.
Ghent University is a top 100 university and one of the major universities in Belgium. Ghent is a beautiful, lively, and historic city, situated in the center of the Flemish part of Belgium (40 minutes from Brussels). It has a rich history, a warm and friendly atmosphere, and a great range of museums, concert halls, and other cultural hot spots. The cost of living in Ghent is moderate by international standards. The quality of living is excellent.
– You are an enthusiastic academic who obtained a Master Degree in Psychology, Business Economics, Business Administration, Business Engineering, or Communication Sciences (or will do so by October 1, 2021).
– You are passionate about scientific research and have the intention to write a PhD dissertation in the field of marketing.
– You have a keen interest in the cognitive mechanisms that underlie (sustainable) consumer behavior.
– You have at least some initial experience in doing (experimental) behavioral research, preferably including the use of implicit measures.
– You have (demonstrable) programming experience and are familiar with standard statistical techniques (preferably in R). Expertise in machine learning is a plus.
– You have excellent communication skills in English (both orally and in academic writing).
– You have an inquisitive and creative mind, good problem-solving skills, and a collaborative and collegial attitude.
How to apply
You can apply for this position until 20 August 2021 (11:59 pm). Send an email to Adriaan.Spruyt@UGent.be with (i) a motivation letter, (ii) a CV (including an exhaustive overview of your study results), (iii) the contact details of two references, and (iv) a copy of your diploma (if already available). Please provide this information in a single PDF document attached to your email. You will receive a confirmation of receipt. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview in the first or second week of September 2021.
More information: https://www.ugent.be/en/work/scientific/phd-student-95?fbclid=IwAR2h_ObfWnNrjt5Kojp17huwXilatTjWCiD1TCm0RdaUcc0IqnMGgvYyQ7k